The following criteria describe the general conditions & characteristics of submissions to DFCM Open:
1. All submissions must have been produced or authored by a member of the Department of Family and Community Medicine at the University of Toronto.
2. All co-authors of the submission must agree to the terms of the Submission Agreement. It is the responsibility of the submitting author to collect these agreements and present them to DFCM Open. All submissions must be in a final version ready for publication.
3. Only submissions in digital form will be accepted.
4. Only scholarly work and research-oriented submissions shall be considered.
5. The submission must be current. Rapidly changing information may limit the duration of time that the scholarly work is accurate and relevant. DFCM Open reserves the right to remove materials that have expired.
6. All submitted content must be an original creation by one of the authors or alternatively, the authors must have written permission from the copyright owner to include those materials in the submission. This includes all embedded photos, images, charts, graphs, cartoons, text, videos, sound bites, etc.
Authors are bound and must abide by the policies of the University of Toronto with respect to plagiarism and academic integrity. If the author or authors of a submission are thought to be in violation of these policies, DFCM Open will remove the materials in question until the matter is resolved. Also, individuals who have downloaded the submission will be notified of these concerns and of the fact that the submission has been removed. Authors found guilty of plagiarism or academic dishonesty in any form will be prohibited from submitting materials to DFCM Open in the future.
Authors are bound by Ontario privacy legislation and warrant that submitted material will contain no information that can be used to identify an individual or describe an attribute of an identifiable individual, or any information for which it is reasonably foreseeable that it could be utilized, either alone or with other information, to identify an individual or describe an attribute of an identifiable individual, or to identify or describe an attribute of one identifiable member of a group of fifteen or fewer individuals.
Ownership of Content
The author(s) grant the Department of Family & Community Medicine of University of Toronto the right to maintain and distribute the work via DFCM Open.
Complete the submission form online, following the help prompts on the form. To help you complete the form quickly, here is a list of requirements and instructions. You may also download a submission help PDF.
Help files for the submit area
Link to the help file section Submit material to DFCM Open (click to link)